Sunday, February 1, 2009

ewwww, don't let the poor get on me

I am so scared of being poor. Not that I'm not poor right now. I qualify for food stamps and technically that makes me poor. I'm talking about the kind of poor where I can't pay my bills and I can't do anything when I get a disconnect notice but wait. That sends me into a panic that is followed by fits of hysterical crying seated in a friends kitchen. been there, not fun.

But it's hard to not think about it when so many people you know are getting laid off or are having to do the laying off. It's hard to keep those images out of your head when your paying 7 dollars for only ehhh cat food. What is happening to our world?

I want to get a job for extra money to build a cushion to help me out if things were to go awry but even jobs at mcdonalds are hard to come by these days. The world is becoming the scary 80's way, and all we can do is sit on our hands and wait for it to get worse. Thank you george bush for being a fucking prick and getting our asses in this sling just so you can say you got Hussein. You fucking idiot.

I'm hoping to get through these next two years without to much financial chaos. I hope the child support isn't affected and my job is still here next year. But with a hundred thousand dollars worth of cuts to the schools budget that might be a bit difficult. I am heading back to school in the summer come what may. I just can't stay vulnerable like this any longer, it's more worry than carrying 2 jobs and school full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment